Our dental office serves patients with utmost comfort in mind. There are large flat screen TVs mounted in each room for you to view satellite TV, movies and relax during treatments. This combined with the latest technology provide you with the quality and safety you need for dental surgery.
Dr. Reem Kidess and her team of dental professionals provide quality cosmetic dental surgery to improve your smile. We also perform dental surgery to remove teeth, root canal treatment and other oral health procedures. Sedation dentistry is a common part of many major dental procedures such as root canals or wisdom tooth extractions. Dr. Kidess is a board certified sedation dentist serving the greater Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and Tempe, AZ areas.
Types of Dental Surgery
- Dental implants: If you have one or more missing teeth, these can be replaced with dental implant surgery. Dental implants use artificial tooth roots that are fused into the bone to support crowns, bridges or dentures. These provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth that look and feel as natural as possible.
- Wisdom teeth removal: Wisdom teeth are the third molars located in the very back of your mouth. Many times these teeth don’t have room to grow properly. Often they will come in crooked or become impacted beneath the gum line. Removal may be recommended even before problems develop. This is often done to avoid a more painful or more complicated extraction that might have to be done a few years later.
- Tooth extractions: Besides removing wisdom teeth, dental surgery may be used to extract a tooth that is broken or damaged by decay. A loose tooth may need to be removed if it can’t be saved with periodontal surgery, bone replacement surgery or bone graft.
- Bone Grafting: Sometimes there is insufficient bone for the placement of dental implants. Bone can be lost for a variety of reasons, including disease, injury, or missing teeth. Ridge preservation is one kind of bone grafting done by placing a regenerative bone grafting material into the one or many empty tooth sockets. This is done to rebuild the bone where extraction has left an empty weakened area.
- Root canal treatment is done when decay has damaged or already killed a tooth nerve. Root canal treatment can sometimes treat an infection in an abscessed tooth. The dental surgeon will remove the root canal and the tooth’s pulp. Then, fill the cleansed canal and tooth, and place a crown on it.
- Crown lengthening is a dental surgery procedure to remove excess gum and bone tissue to expose more of a natural tooth. This can be used to improve a “gummy” smile because your teeth appear short. Your teeth may actually be the proper length, just covered with too much gum tissue.
Dr. Reem Kidess is one of the top restorative, cosmetic and sedation dentists in Phoenix and Scottsdale, AZ. If you believe you may need a dental surgery procedure, contact our dental office today at (480) 991-2290 to schedule an appointment.