You’ve finally hit that point where the pain you are experiencing outweighs the traumatic fear you have for the dentist. Your anxiety spikes through the roof at the thought of walking into a dentist office, and imagining yourself sitting in the chair makes you physically ill; but you’ve just got to do it. There’s no other choice. You need a gentle dentist.
Thankfully, with the sedation dentistry options of today, many people are finding the comfortable relief they need to obtain the necessary dental care and procedures they’ve been avoiding. But are all sedation dentists the same?
The quick answer is, “No.”
The Gentle Dentist
The term “gentle dentist” doesn’t just refer to their ability to use of sedation dentistry techniques; it also refers to how comfortable they can make you feel coming in to see them. Many dental care providers can offer some level of sedation, but not every dentist can offer the same level of comfort outside of the chair.
Your gentle dentist should:
- Be easy to speak with and answer every question you have.
- Have a clean, comfortable waiting room and office with friendly staff.
- Take the time to speak with you about your fears and address the causes behind your anxiety.
- Be gentle with your fears and not belittle you.
- Customize your sedation experience to fit your needs (not a “one-size-fits-all” approach).
- Provide you with options that you can feel comfortable with.
- Has you leaving your appointment with a smile.
If you’re looking for a gentle dentist and live in the Paradise Valley area, contact our office for a sedation consultation with our gentle dentist. For more information, check out our sedation dentistry page.